Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Reflection 1: Unit Q Verifying Trig Functions

          1. Verifying trig functions are not easy at first,  I won't lie. However,  I know one can easily verify functions by following a series of steps. To verify a trig function basically means to prove how one can derive the trig based on another trig function.  Our goal is to simply,  find the conjugate,  etc. in order to find the answer. It usually takes a while, but you can start looking at thw hints that you are given.
          2. I usually start by looking at the similarities I  my problem.  For example, if I know that one of the trig function is an identity that can the canceled with another, I will find a way to cancel it out with ratio identities. I also try to turn everything into sin and cos.  One of the most common process I use is finding the conjugate for concept 5. For other simpler concepts, I tend to separate them and then proceed to cancel.
          3. My first step tends to be to look at the problem for anything that I can cancel off. In reality,  most times I just try anything because I willw eventually find the answer.  Then, I go into factoring anything needed and sometimes by doing so,  I can replace it by a Pythagorean identity. Once I can use my identies, I can continue finding other things that can be canceled. Mainly,  do not over think something because the answer might just be in front of you. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment